You are invited to a journey of dance and soul healing at the mystical Emerson College, where Rudolf Steiner and Ralph Waldorf set up an alternative community of artists in the 19th century.
We are gathering together for Imbolc. In the Celtic calendar Imbolc signifies spring and new beginnings. We will be celebrating with nature and the seasonal rhythms of the Earth by going through stages of rebirthing and deep experience of healing, embracing each other and paying gratitude to Mother Earth. This will be a journey of openings, affectionate connections and grounding.
You will have the opportunity:
– to tune into nature, as the place is surrounded by garden and woods
– to awaken through the deep journey of Biodanza
– to laugh in a laughter yoga session
– to receive nourishment for your heart & soul as well as amazing biodynamic food for your vibrant body
– to meditate and open to healing through a guided sound meditation
– to have chi-gong sessions with Bill Bostock
– to dance freely and socialise on Saturday night
Who can join?
We highly recommend that you have previous experience with Biodanza or other creative dance. However it is not an absolute requirement. The most important thing is that you have a desire to open up to this journey.
Emerson College near Forest Row, East Sussex is situated on the South Downs near Ashdown Forest – the largest forest in the south of England – on the outskirts of the village of Forest Row in East Sussex. It is surrounded by many acres of gardens and woods. The food is biodynamic (organic, grown and harvested in accordance with lunar cycles, mostly onsite). www.emerson.co.uk
Olga studied at London School of Biodanza for three years and has been running her weekly classes on Friday at Hugh Cubitt Centre in London since 2014. Olga had has over 15 years of experience in facilitating meditation groups, festivals and managing charitable educational projects.
Rachel restores wholeness, providing blissful nourishment and peace of mind through a range of complementary rebalancing therapies and by being a Biodanza facilitator. These services are delivered with uplifting vitality, deep sensitivity and thoroughness. The effect is self-healing, heart-opening and expansive.
Day 1. Saturday 10th February.
10:30am Registration, receive your room key
11.00 -12:00pm Opening circle and presentation from facilitators, Biodanza hugs.
12:30- 1:30pm Lunch
1:30 – 3:30pm Biodanza Opening circle. 1st session. Connecting to the primordial
3:30 – 4:00pm tea break
4:00-6:00pm Biodanza 2nd session. Deep connection and journey with Mother Earth.
8:00 – 9:00pm Laughter Yoga.
9:00 – 11:00pm Party. Mystery Masked Dance. (You are welcome to bring a mask)
Day 2 Sunday, 11th February.
8:00 – 9:00am Chi Gong with Bill Bostock. ‘7 Peaces of Silk Brocade’
9.00 – 9:30am Breakfast
10.00 – 12:30pm Biodanza healing including Singing bowls and Tuning forks. Session 3. The journey of the soul, through heaven and earth.
12:30 – 1:30pm lunch
2-3:30 Biodanza. Session 4: Blossoming
4-4:30 Coffee Break
4:30- 6pm Sharing, Closing circle.
Total price is £175 till 31st Jan, and £185 from 1st February.
The price is includes:
– All workshops
– Single room accommodation
– Saturday lunch and dinner
– Sunday: Breakfast and lunch
– Coffee and tea during the breaks
About the accommodation:
You will sleep in single room, it includes a wash basin, and shared bathroom/toilet and the use of a kitchen with fridge and kettle.
Price for one day only:
Including all workshops, lunch and dinner
Including all workshops and lunch
Please pay on Eventbrite or contact me firstname.lastname@example.org :
How to get there:
By public transport: 🚊
Best is to get to TUNBRIDGE WELLS by TRAIN, and then either:
– take a TAXI, as the retreat is in the middle of nowhere. You can have cheap taxi ride with Taxi Roadrunner 01342 324444, cost is around £8.50, best to book in advance.
– take the BUS (much longer…): Number 291 (Maidstone & District) runs from East Grinstead station to Tunbridge Wells, leaving at 2 hourly intervals. Ask for the first stop after Post Horn Lane, which is one mile beyond the centre of the village of Forest Row. Walk back from the bus stop for 50 yards and turn up the approach lane, sign posted Emerson College. The College lies half-a-mile up this lane on the left-hand side. (This is not a good option if you have heavy luggage!)
Find your way to Forest Row via the A22 towards East Grinstead and Eastbourne. In the centre of Forest Row there is a mini-roundabout, take the B2110 towards Hartfield and Tunbridge Wells. About a mile along this road, on the outskirts of Forest Row, you will pass newly built houses on your left-hand side. The college driveway is about 100 metres further on, also on the left-hand side opposite a wood. Go up the college drive, following the signs all the way up to the top car park. Reception is signed from there.
Sat Navs Google map may direct you to College via Tablehurst Farm. This is not correct!!! The only access by road is via Pixton Lane off the Hartfiel rd!!
This is a map of the campus Emerson College where our Biodanza Awakening retreat will be held:
– you can park in the “Top car park”, (info on how to get there are explained in the event description) 🚗
– registration is at reception, in “Ruskin” at 10.30 🕦 Saturday 10th Feb, pick up the key of your room 🔑
– your room is at “Linden” 🏖️
– we dance in “Eurythmy house”🕺
– we eat in “Pixton” 🍓
More information on:
m: 07796167106 e: email@example.com www.sunnyheart.co.uk
m: 0778 6961523 e: firstname.lastname@example.org www.biodanzaolgabastable.com